Friday, January 16, 2015

Wear: The Library {Senate House}


 
 
{Left: Senate House Library.
Right: A View from the Fifth Floor}

You can't wander around Bloomsbury without noticing Senate House. It's all edges in an imposing white - apparently it served as the inspiration for the Ministry of Truth in George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-FourIt's probably not too surprising then that it was briefly occupied by students during the protests against high university fees and education cuts in December 2013. Senate House is also home to one of the best libraries in London. Once you're inside, you completely forget about that evil villain architecture. My favourite space is a reading room on fourth floor. It's filled with leather sofas made for you to curl up and read and lose track of time on.





Comfort and ease are of high priority when dressing for a library binge. It's suddenly dropped to an artic temperature in London so the vintage sheepskin is more of a necessity than a choice. The kilt is actually my old school kilt - as my budget became tighter and tighter, I found myself recycling pieces I never thought I would again touch with a barge pole.

{Coat, Vintage C.1970. Top, Topshop.
Kilt, Chas H. Baker. Shoes, H&M}


Here's a tune to add to that reading playlist. Duan & Only has the ultimate voice to relax to. Oxytocin. 


0 comments :

Post a Comment